My Study Plan in Passing AWS Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C02) Exam

 Hi Folks,


I'm happy to share that I've passed my AWS Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C02) certification exam beginning of this month. At first I was prepared to fail as I thought I didn't put enough effort to prepare. If I'm allowed to have an excuse, it'll be due to my pregnancy. I'm currently 7 months pregnant and the struggles are getting real everyday. I keep feeling tired everyday and I can't seem to sit or walk too long, which I heard is common issues during pregnancies. While still working full-time (luckily at home), preparing to be first-time mother,  I took few hours after work everyday preparing for my AWS SAA-C02 exam. 

In this post, I would like to share with you what are the learning materials I used for the past few months studying for the AWS SAA-C02 exam. Hopefully it'll be useful for you.

1. [Book] AWS Certified Solutions Architect Study Guide by Ben Piper, David Clinton



Although this version is not the latest SAA-C02 materials, I did read this book to refresh some of the AWS cloud computing concepts. And I think it does help in a way, as there are some valid contents in the book. I borrowed this ebook from Singapore's National Library and read it after work until before sleep around 1-2 hours almost every weekdays for 1.5 months (if I don't remember wrongly).

2. [Online Course] Stephane Maarek's Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2020

I bought this course on Udemy when they're having sale. I watched the tutorial videos for 1-1.5 months everyday after work until before sleep and most weekends. I quite enjoyed this course as the explanation by Stephane was quite clear and not confusing. This course also have some hands-on demo so you know how actually to do it on AWS console. There are 2 practice exams included as well at the end of the course.



3. [Practice Exams] Jon Bonso's AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Practice Exams

I bought this practice exam from Udemy and used this for the last 1 month before my exam to gauge my readiness. There are total 6 practice exams, 65 questions each. And good thing is they're actually being updated regularly. I went through the practice exam 2 times each and make sure I have at least 80% passing grade. After every practice exam, I read through all questions explanation (whether I answered them correctly or not), just to make sure I got the concept correctly (means no guessing).


I hope my study plans above help you to prepare for the AWS SAA-C02 exam. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Do to Stay Relevant in the Tech/Cybersecurity Industry

 I have been working in tech industry for more than 10 years and the past few years in Cybersecurity space. It's been a great journey so...