My cybersecurity journey just started

 Last year, I decided to move to cybersecurity role after my maternity leave ended and joined a local bank in Singapore.

I was lucky that I had ex-colleague who refer me to the position of cyber solutioning as my stepping stone into the field.

It was a steep learning curve, definitely. A lot of new cybersecurity terms that I didn't know before and I needed to spend extra time to research on them. 

I would say it's not an easy beginning, added with postpartum depression that might kick in. 

I stumbled upon mentorship program organized by (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter and immediately registered for it. My mentor was great and smart. He provided me with information that I needed when I just started my cybersecurity job. He also encouraged me to take CCSP exam because I have recent background in cloud. I was so inspired that I signed up to be the chapter's volunteer. Check out the (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter website for more details on our activities.

If you want to know how I prepared for my CCSP exam, I wrote a short post about it. 

I decided to leave the bank after 10 months to joined a tech company as IT GRC (Governance Risk Compliance) analyst. Here I get exposure to different role in cybersecurity. It's been 5 months now, there's still a lot to learn for me. But I enjoy this part of cybersecurity for now.

I'll sure update more on this cybersecurity journey here at my blog. Stay tune! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Do to Stay Relevant in the Tech/Cybersecurity Industry

 I have been working in tech industry for more than 10 years and the past few years in Cybersecurity space. It's been a great journey so...